The establishment of ARBSC will ensure the valuable work in the area of recreational boating safety is continued at a national level, particularly in relation to:
- National recreational boating incident data collection.
- Analysis of data to identify risks to recreational boating safety.
- Assessment of the causes and impact of marine safety incidents.
- Development of effective national responses to identified risks and impacts.
- Development of uniform approaches to standards, policies and procedures.
- Development and implementation of targeted national safety campaigns.